[PlanetCCRMA] a couple newbie questions

Mon Dec 15 11:13:01 2003

> 1. How often are application packages upgraded? I'm looking for the
> latest Hydrogen which has jack_transport support or so I am told that it
> does. I need it for a NAMM demo.

I upgrade usually as soon as a new package is out. In the case of
Hydrogen I have not yet package the prex version that is a cvs snapshot.
I've been meaning to do that for a while.

> 2. Do you accept requests for including apps in CCRMA?

I do, but sometimes it takes a long time (if at all) for the app to get
there. Just a matter of resources and priorities.

> If yes, I'd like
> to request JAMin which is also slated for the NAMM demo. It's not a
> problem to install source but packages are a little more appropriate for
> the purpose of my demo. Steve H. any reason for not having JAMin
> included in CCRMA?

It's in my list, I was waiting for an official tarball. Any news there
from the JAMin developers?

> CCRMA will also get a slide in the presentation: CCRMA Demo; remove and
> reinstall an application. Thanks for making that task so easy.

Sure... thanks for including it in the presentation. BTW, it would be
better to always say "Planet CCRMA". Planet CCRMA is just a small subset
of what happens at CCRMA proper.

-- Fernando