[PlanetCCRMA] Recently landed on Planet CCRMA

Alessandro Fogar sfogar@inwind.it
Mon Dec 15 15:00:02 2003

Hi

I recently installed Planet CCRMA on my pc (Fedora Core 1).

But I discovered that the Low latency kernel does not work on my
machine so I used the RH kernel with capabilities.

Ardour does not work too (segfault).

Jack is ok and the Alsa/Hdsp are ok too (after a day spent figured out
why the Hdsp firmare did not get loaded).

My pc is based on an Asus A7N8X mobo + Athlon xp 2500+.

Versions:

planetccrma-core-i386-fc1-20031124.iso
planetccrma-i386-fc1-20031124.iso
planetccrma-updates-i386-fc1-20031124.iso

Well the problem is that my Pc has not direct access to the net, I
downloaded the images on another pc and burned the cds so cannot update
so easily to new releases but my aim was to try Ardour and Rezound +
Ladspa and soon Supercollider3 (now I'm using it under OS X).

I tried to download an updated Ardour but it does not work, it
complains about something missing in jack (I thin a new version is
required).

But Fernando you did a great job in assemblig all this !

Thanks !

I'll try to hook up my old modem to try an update.

Cheers

Alessandro Fogar Grado (Go) - Italy