[PlanetCCRMA] sndlib and alsa api

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Dec 18 10:08:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 14:52, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> I think that sndlib autoswitches to alsa if jack is not running (just as
> it used to switch to oss if alsa was not there).
>
> -- Fernando

 Actually the issue is that with the Dec 15 (apt) release of sndlib,
sndplay tries to look to jack for several times until gives up and then
binds to the alsa api which is what I use. In this process it writes
several messages to standard output which is not annoying in a shell but
it might be a bit distracting inside xemacs after several sndplay
instances in clm.

  --* Juan