[PlanetCCRMA] how best to install Ardour?

Alex Timmer mijn_troep@yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 04:40:03 2003

my $0.02... i stopped using Synaptic since i had a few times problems
with it (freeze during install, corruption of database etc). with the
command line i never had these things so far.

i have to say this was a while ago when i still had RH8.0 installed,
maybe things are better now, maybe its just my computer   :)

as for dependencies, "apt-get install SANTA" will also tell you any
additional packages that need to be installed for SANTA, and gives the
option to 'bail out'.

alas, it is maybe more elegant to use "apt-cache showpkg SANTA" for
that. to see if there is package related to the word ardour, try
"apt-cache search ardour".

oh, and the manpage for apt-cache says it "does not manipulate the
state of the system but does provide operations to search and generate
interesting output from the package metadata.", so.....  =)
gr, ALEX
p.s. installing ardour with planet CCRMA should be as simple as
"apt-get install ardour", as was mentioned already

 --- Bruce Elliott <belliott4488@comcast.net> wrote: > Thanks ... no,
I'm not at all opposed to GUIs.  If I knew what I was