[PlanetCCRMA] Re: jack trouble

Martin Büchler martin.buechler@vrweb.de
Sun Dec 21 01:35:03 2003

>>**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.083 msecs
> Messages like the last two just keep scrolling on and on until I kill it.
> Any ideas or suggestions?

Try to kill everything, that is not necessary for running audio. I had
to do a 'killall magicdev' to get rid of those steady xruns while
running gnome on rh8.

Another question: I'm running a 2.4.20-pre6 CCRMA-Kernel on Athlon 700
MHZ with latest CVS versions of ALSA, jack and ardour. I upgraded ALSA
also, 'cause there was a strange behaviour of 'alsaplayer -o jack': It
did not playback wav or mp3 with the right speed anymore. Since I
upgraded ALSA, the playback speed seems to be correct now. BUT, I cannot
  run 'jackd -R -d alsa -d rme9652 -r 48000' with a period size of 64
without xruns anymore, which is absolutely necessary to overdubbing. I
am quite lost now, since my audio system is kind of not working anymore :(
I tried to downgrade ALSA to CCRMA-packges 0.9.0 and 0.9.2, but same
result. Does anyone know about changes in jack or ardour, that may be
the reason?

Cheers

-m