[PlanetCCRMA] sndlib and alsa api

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Dec 22 08:35:01 2003

> I wrote this code, and I know about the problem. Its not sndlib that
> writes the messages, its the jack library. Freqtweak has the same problem
> if you try to start it without running the jack server.
> I did post a patch to the jack development list long time
> ago with a function to solve the problem, but it doesnt' seem to
> have been accepted.

Kjetil,

Thank you for your response (this is understandable) and of course lots
of thanks for the port and efforts for making SND better. I find very
useful the jack-SND interface because as far as I have tried, latency is
better and fewer dropout errors. This was a big issue on long soundfiles
before, not only in real time situations but also in transfers to
multitrack tapes and synchronization. I guess for the time being we just
need to start jack before a xemacs-clm session which is not a big issue
unless we are working with different sampling rates as in the jack
process.

   --* Juan