[PlanetCCRMA] Contributing: Multisampled Instruments Rebuilt Library

Mr.Freeze theremin@free.fr
Sun Dec 28 13:50:03 2003

Howdy-Ho!
I'd like to contribute a bit to the Linux Audio Community. Unfortunately, my
coding skills aren't still mature enough, therefore I've thought about
reorganizing The University of Iowa Musical Instrument Samples:
http://theremin.music.uiowa.edu/MIS.html

The bundle really needs amplitude normalizing, single note per sample cutting,
and sometimes some improved pitch accuracy!

With help of a good convolving reverb plugin (as most of it has been recorded in
an anechoic chamber), maybe could this beat or at least challenge the commercial
symphonic libraries, or am I wrongfully dreaming...

1) Is it worth having a go?
2) Which software tool is best aimed at this job: Audacity, Snd...?

++
Mr°Freeze