[PlanetCCRMA] Contributing: Multisampled Instruments Rebuilt Library

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 29 02:50:01 2003

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 10:48:48 +0100, Mr.Freeze wrote:
> Howdy-Ho!
> I'd like to contribute a bit to the Linux Audio Community. Unfortunately, my
> coding skills aren't still mature enough, therefore I've thought about
> reorganizing The University of Iowa Musical Instrument Samples:
> http://theremin.music.uiowa.edu/MIS.html
>
> The bundle really needs amplitude normalizing, single note per sample cutting,
> and sometimes some improved pitch accuracy!

This is probably better discussed on the linuxsampler list as they have
started some work on that - note that for amplitude normalisation you cant
just make the peaks line up you have to do something more sophisticated
than that - realisticly it may have to be done by ear.

- Steve