[PlanetCCRMA] Merging kernels (was: Apt-get repositories compatibility)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 30 04:12:01 2003

--UFHRwCdBEJvubb2X

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 11:12:05AM +0200, David Fraser wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >Speaking of which: Fernando and I would like to consolidate the
> >kernel efforts of PlanetCCRMA and ATrpms and could use a helping hand :)
> >
> >I am quite sure the different added patchsets in PlanetCCRMA/ATrpms
> >are non-conflicting and complement each other nicely (CCRMA touches
> >capabilities and ll/preemt, ATrpms filesystems and v4l2). The main
> >work would be to get the CCRMA patches appliable onto a Red Hat
> >kernel (e.g. 2.4.22-1.2135.nptl). Any takers? :) :) :)

> Sounds interesting. Is there a URL for ATrpms?

http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/ and the kernels reside in
http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/kernel/,
I'd focus on the latest from FC1:
http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/fc1/kernel/
http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/fc1/kernel/kernel-2.4.22-1.2135.nptl=
_27.rhfc1.at.src.rpm

CCRMA's latest kernel is (Fernando, please correct, if I'm messing up)
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/kernel-2.4=
.23-1.ll.src.rpm
--=20
Axel.Thimm@physik.fu-berlin.de