[PlanetCCRMA] Usb midi problem

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sun Jan 5 08:20:02 2003

Roger,
   I am using a MidiMan 2x2 as we speak. I do have some problems with
the boot process, but it does work. My audio card in this machine is a
RME HDSP 9652.

   My issue is that RH boots USB before Alsa, but since the MIDIMan is
plugged in, Alsa seems to get started (sometimes) and then (sometimes)
when I get to the boot step that wants to start Alsa, I get a FAILED
message because Alsa is already started! Weird.

My current modules.conf file:

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 eepro100
alias usb-controller usb-uhci

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 0.9.0 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-hdsp
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd major=116 cards_limit=3 device_mode=0666
options snd-hdsp index=0
options snd-usb-audio index=1
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

# -- Keep modules from being autocleaned
add options -k snd-card-0
add options -k snd-card-1

My current /etc/hotplug/blacklist file:

#
# Listing a module here prevents the hotplug scripts from loading it.
# Usually that'd be so that some other driver will bind it instead,
# no matter which driver happens to get probed first.  Sometimes user
# mode tools can also control driver binding.
#
# Syntax:  driver name alone (without any spaces) on a line. Other
# lines are ignored.
#

# uhci ... usb-uhci handles the same pci class
usb-uhci

# tulip ... de4x5, xircom_tulip_cb, dmfe (...) handle same devices
de4x5
# At least 2.4.3 and later xircom_tulip doesn't have that conflict
# xircom_tulip_cb
dmfe
# Added by MWK for MidiSport 2X2
usb-midi