[PlanetCCRMA] FW: Redhat 8.0: Recompile the whole thing (or what I need) ala Gentoo???

Brian Fahrlander kilroy@kamakiriad.com
Thu Jan 9 16:04:01 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:40:54 -0800, "Mark Knecht" <mknecht@controlnet.com> wrote:

> > On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 10:22:16AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > > Fernando,
> > >    Rick Stevens is one of the most knowledgeable Redhat guys who
> > > participates on the Redhat install reflector. His comments
> > below raise the
> > > question of whether it would be advantageous to have an Athlon
> > version of
> > > the Planet kernel for those who'd like to try it out.

    [Remembering the English 'kid' with the hankerchief-hat on MontyPython...]

    I'd like ta see...

    An apt-able Redhat Linux 8.0/8.1 with the **pre-emptive** kernel. That would be very interesting.

    [Hitting myself in the head with a brick, just like on MontyPython...]

ICQ  5119262