[PlanetCCRMA] Installing wireless card

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Jan 12 04:58:01 2003

Hi Joseph,

In my case rebuilding the Kernel was the only option because I was getting
unresolved symbols with the planetCCRMA kernel-sources rpm. In any case
once you rebuild the kernel you get your own kernel sources rpm. I had to
use the rpmbuild -ba plus the --target i686 option and then install the
i686 kernel-up option. Also I needed to recompile the alsa drivers for the
new kernel. After all these I was able to successfully compile the wlan
prism 2.5 drivers.

I think there was a posting on the planetCCRMA list last Thursday or
Friday with instructions on building the kernel. But anyhow the main
problem you have is getting hard-drive space a new kernel might be at
least 30 more megs if I am not mistaken. Make sure your new partition is
automatically mounted on /etc/fstab with the right permissions.

  --* Juan