[PlanetCCRMA] Installing wireless card

Joseph Zitt jzitt@metatronpress.com
Sat Jan 11 13:26:02 2003

I've gotten a Netgear MA401 PCMCIA wireless card for my laptop, and
downloaded the appropriate drivers from Netgear's site.

Will I have to rebuild my kernel in order to use it?

If so: I've downloaded the kernel source RPM from Planet CCRMA, but
don't have room to put what it tries to put into /usr/src into my root
partition. I've tried to create a directory for it on another partition
and to symlink it to /usr/src, but rpm complained:

Executing RPM (-ivh)...
Preparing...                ###########################################
[100%]
   1:kernel-source          error: unpacking of archive failed on file
/usr/src/linux-2.4.19-1.ll/include/asm;3e1fe8da: cpio: symlink failed -
Operation not permitted
E: Sub-process /bin/rpm returned an error code (1)

Is there a way to do this? I've tried removing what I could from my root
partition without making much of a dent in it.

--
| jzitt@josephzitt.com                      http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| GPG: A4224EFA                         http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |