[PlanetCCRMA] ES1969 Solo-1 MIDI port help

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Jan 12 10:25:02 2003

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 09:46:04 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > OK, that didn't do anything, but
>
> dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/snd/midoD0C0 bs=1
>
> I assume you just typed this line and didn't copy it?

Er, yeah, sorry. It was right when I ran it.

> Do you have a /dev/snd entry for this MIDI device? Why did you have to
> use /dev/urandom?

Yes,
[swh@meta swh]$ ls  /dev/snd
controlC0  hwC0D0    pcmC0D0c  pcmC1D0c  seq
controlC1  midiC0D0  pcmC0D0p  pcmC1D0p  timer

I didn't have to use /dev/urandom, but I dont have any MIDI files, so it
seemed like an easy option.

I since found out that if im writing to the output I can sometimes make it
receive stuff (I think), the Rx number in /proc/asound/card0/midi0 goes up
anyway:

[swh@meta swh]$ cat /proc/asound/card0/midi0
MPU-401 (UART)

Output 0