[PlanetCCRMA] ES1969 Solo-1 MIDI port help

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sun Jan 12 10:49:01 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 10:24, Steve Harris wrote:
> Yes,
> [swh@meta swh]$ ls  /dev/snd
> controlC0  hwC0D0    pcmC0D0c  pcmC1D0c  seq
> controlC1  midiC0D0  pcmC0D0p  pcmC1D0p  timer
>
> I didn't have to use /dev/urandom, but I dont have any MIDI files, so it
> seemed like an easy option.
>
> I since found out that if im writing to the output I can sometimes make it
> receive stuff (I think), the Rx number in /proc/asound/card0/midi0 goes up
> anyway:
>
> [swh@meta swh]$ cat /proc/asound/card0/midi0
> MPU-401 (UART)
>
> Output 0
>   Tx bytes     : 146134
> Input 0
>   Rx bytes     : 1001
>
> Was 0, then 500, then 1001

So the next step is Rosegarden! ;-)

So, I guess, I don't understand what your next step is? Did you want to
do some MIDI stuff and drive an external synth? Maybe load RG from the
Planet RPM. It's a bit out of date, but pretty good, and comes with a
bunch of demo MIDI files.

Or are you recording from a keyboard or some other MIDI device?