[PlanetCCRMA] How do I restart Alsa without rebooting???

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Wed Jan 15 15:52:01 2003

Right now, 100% failure on cold boot, 100% pass on warm boot.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that on a cold boot the MidiMan
2x2 does not have it's firmware loaded, so possibly the program that runs
and does this (which happens early) uses up memory and doesn't clean up
well? Then on warm boot, I think it doesn't load firmware, so maybe it uses
less memory?

Just a guess...

Thanks for your help!