[PlanetCCRMA] Alsa upgrade - unresolved symbols

Thu Jan 23 15:05:03 2003

> machines I have here in my lab at work that have no sound cards and install
> as he suggested. The first thing I did was try to get them up to date with
> the newest version of Alsa. Everything loaded, but I get these messages
> about unresolved symbols.

That's normally a symptom mismatch of architectures between the kernel
rpm and the alsa rpm.

See what the architecture of the kernel is:
  rpm -q --queryformat "%{ARCH}\n" kernel-up
And for the alsa driver rpm:
  rpm -q --queryformat "%{ARCH}\n" alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll

I have to add a check for this at install time...
-- Fernando