[PlanetCCRMA] Building Alsa RPMs...

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Fri Jan 24 10:34:01 2003

Fernando,
   OK, I'm getting started on this. I've downloaded and installed the Alsa
Source RPMs from

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/recompilealsa.html

Steps 1 & 2 are complete.

When I attempt Step 3 it fails and tells me that I must install the full
source code for the kernel.

To get past this I tried using

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/recompilekernel.html

I downloaded using the link at the top, and then installed it using

rpm -Uvh kernel-2.4.19-1.ll.src.rpm

but still, when I go back and try Step 3 in the Alsa process it fails.
Here's the message:

checking for current directory... /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/alsa-driver-0.9.0
checking cross compile...
checking for directory with kernel source... /usr/src/linux-2.4.19-1.ll
checking for kernel version... The file
/usr/src/linux-2.4.19-1.ll/include/linux/version.h does not exist.
Please, install the package with full kernel sources for your distribution
or use --with-kernel=dir option to specify another directory with kernel
sources (default is /usr/src/linux).

RPM build errors:
[root@hindemith SPECS]#

what I see is that I have /usr/src/redhat, not /usr/src/linux-2.4.....

Am I on the right page with

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/recompilekernel.html

and how many steps do I need to do here?

Thanks,
Mark