[PlanetCCRMA] Building Alsa RPMs...

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Fri Jan 24 17:25:02 2003

Fernando,
OK, a small problem. On

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/recompilealsa.html

step 3, I build the first RPM using the rpm -bb command. Then before I
install it I decide to look at ../RPMS/i386 and find that nothing is
there. I look around and find the RPM just got placed in i686.

The command

rpm -Uvh ../RPMS/i386/alsa-driver*0.9.0-44.i386.rpm

isn't going to work.

I think something is wrong with the architecture part of this thing.

I didn't get an answer to this question earlier. At the step where I do
apt-get install kernel-source, I stated that I got duplications

[root@Godzilla root]# apt-get install kernel-source
Reading Package Lists... Done
Collecting File Provides... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package kernel-source is a virtual package provided by:
  kernel-source#2.4.19-1.ll@i386 2.4.19-1.ll
  kernel-source#2.4.19-1.ll@i386 2.4.19-1.ll
  kernel-source#2.4.18-18.7.x@i386 2.4.18-18.7.x
  kernel-source#2.4.18-18.7.x@i386 2.4.18-18.7.x
  kernel-source#2.4.18-3@i386 2.4.18-3
  kernel-source#2.4.18-3@i386 2.4.18-3
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package kernel-source has no installation candidate
[root@Godzilla root]#

This doesn't look right to me. Why are there two @i386 entries for each?

Anyway, why is the rpm in the i686 directory? What am I doing wrong?

Mark