[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #353 - 3 msgs

Jonathan Phillips jon@protofunk.org
Fri Jul 18 11:16:01 2003

Are there any good suggestions from you all about how to install redhat
9 onto my computer if the installer won't recognize my video hardware
(sis630 on a prostar 2253 laptop)? It worked fine on redhat 8, which I
am running now with all the planetccrma additions. I need to get into
qt3.1 which isn't so sweet on rh8.

I could upgrade, but I think I would rather do a clean install. A
solution that would impact either direction would be useful. I think
that redhat has just screwed up the video detect in the 9 install.

Thanks, and I'm sorry this isn't in direct line with planetccrma list,
but maybe some others have had similar problems in trying to get to
redhat 9 repository support.

Thanks,
Jon