[PlanetCCRMA] libstdc++.so.5 on RH7.3?

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Tue Jul 29 08:54:02 2003

Joe,
   Bullet biting is a very personal decision. I wouldn't presume.

   My old Dell P3 500 has had 7.3 on it for nearly a year. I wasn't using it
much in Linux as it also runs Windows with GigaStudio, so it was quite out
of date. I upgraded to RH 9 over the weekend which was painless for me, but
again, I didn't have much in the Linux partitions. Make sure you have
backups. BTW - I keep all my /usr stuff on separate partitions to make this
a bit safer.

   I deleted the 7.3 Linux partitions inside of Disk Druid and did a clean
install of RH 9.

Best of luck,
Mark