[PlanetCCRMA] apt can't get lock

Wed Jun 4 19:26:02 2003

> Hey, I installed the planetccrma-core on my RH 8 system and then I
> decided before going any further to upgrade to RH9.  I downloaded the apt
> rpms for rh9 (which I now realize were the same as rh8) and reinstalled
> them.

Good. The names are the same but they are linked against different
libraries (the rpm versions in 8.0 and 9 are different), so they are
really different.

> I had to uninstall the old ones first with rpm -e and I copied the
> sources.list for rh9.  Now I'm trying to do "apt-get planetccrma-core"
> and apt warns me that it "could not get lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock
> - open (11 resource temporarily unavailable.)"  It downloads everything,
> but then it freezes in the middle of actually installing.

I have not seen this before. It looks like some other process has the
lock taken. Make sure you do not have an errant apt-get or rpm process
still running in the machine ("ps -axuw|grep apt-get").

-- Fernando