[PlanetCCRMA] living on the (planet)edge: updates: kernels, alsa, jack

Thu Jun 5 12:27:01 2003

> > A dist-ugprade should bring in the new alsa...
> > Enjoy and let me know how it goes!
>
> The kernel seems fine, but the jack is giving be jip. It ran OK the
> first time, but when I tried to stop it and start another (with a higher
> period size) it needed to be kill -9'd and wouldn't start another one
> after that:
>
> JACK compiled with System V SHM support
> creating alsa driver ...
> Hammerfall|Hammerfall|256|2|44100|swmon|swmeter|rt
> open
> cannot get existing shm segment for /jck-[32 bit float mono audio] (Invalid argument)
> cannot create new port segment of 131072 bytes, shm_name = /jck-[32 bit float mono audio] (Invalid argument)
> received signal 11 during shutdown (ignored)

Hmmm, running as the same user? See what you have in "mount", there
should be a tmpfs mount in /var/lib/jack/tmp. See what is in that
directory and erase everything there if necessary before restarting
jack.

There were some posts on jackit about this (jack leaving stuff behind in
the temporary directory).

(sorry about the urls: please erase "/mirrors" from them...)
-- Fernando