[PlanetCCRMA] living on the (planet)edge: updates: kernels, alsa, jack

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jun 5 13:44:01 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 12:26:23 -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Hmmm, running as the same user? See what you have in "mount", there
> should be a tmpfs mount in /var/lib/jack/tmp. See what is in that
> directory and erase everything there if necessary before restarting
> jack.

Yes, it was runing as the same user. I went to have some dinner and when I
got back it was all fine, so I guess something timed out.

Something odd was boing on though, becsuse it was using POSIX SHM before
and now its using the oldstyle fifos. Maybe it was missing an ldconfig.

Latency seems to be better, but it still xruns occasionally at 128. that
might be alsaplayers fault though. I'm trying with ecasound now.

- Steve