[PlanetCCRMA] living on the (planet)edge: updates: kernels, alsa, jack

Thu Jun 5 16:53:02 2003

> > Hmmm, running as the same user? See what you have in "mount", there
> > should be a tmpfs mount in /var/lib/jack/tmp. See what is in that
> > directory and erase everything there if necessary before restarting
> > jack.
>
> Yes, it was runing as the same user. I went to have some dinner and when I
> got back it was all fine, so I guess something timed out.
>
> Something odd was boing on though, becsuse it was using POSIX SHM before
> and now its using the oldstyle fifos. Maybe it was missing an ldconfig.

Yes, it is now using old fifos by default, apparently the POSIX shm
support in the kernel is somewhat broken (somebody posted about this in
jackit-devel, I think).

> Latency seems to be better, but it still xruns occasionally at 128.

Argh... I have seen occasional (well, only one but I have not tested
thoroughly) xruns at 128, but the situation before - for me - was that I
was seeing obcene xruns at 1024...

-- Fernando