[PlanetCCRMA] midisport 2x2 only opening 1 port ??

Frank Pirrone fpirrone@localnet.com
Sat Jun 7 11:16:01 2003

Jim Ruxton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My Midisport 2x2 seems to be hotplugging ok but I only get 1 port ie
> if I do" pd -mididev 2,3" only port 2 shows up. I've tried other
> combos like
> "pd -mididev 1,2" etc. but only port 2 seems to work. Also if I try
> muse the 2x2 only shows up on port 1 only. If I do a "tail -f
> /var/log/messages" there is a message that says :
> snd-usb-midi: created 2 output and 2 input ports . so it looks like it
> should be working on both ports.
> Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can get both ports to work?

Jim,

I see two ports, but all I can contribute is a clip from /etc/modules.conf:

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-cs4236
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
options snd major=116 cards_limit=4
options snd-cs4236 index=0
options snd-usb-audio vid=0x763 pid=0x1001 index=1

Actually, I would point out the limit=4 as that has been necessary in
past releases.  I assume you saw my posting about cold plugging not
working with MidiSport 2x2 on my system.  Do you have any luck with
this, and if so, how?

Thanks!

Frank