[PlanetCCRMA] more on MidiSport cold-plugging problem

Frank Pirrone fpirrone@localnet.com
Sun Jun 8 23:41:02 2003

Fernando,

I overlooked an obvious test of USB cold-plugging in trying to solve
this MidiSport 2x2 problem - my USB scanner.  I plugged it in, booted,
and it was cold-plugged just fine!  XSane recognized it and all log
entries were as expected.

So, the problem must be with ezusbmidi and cold-plugging.  Again, my
configuration is as specified on CCRMA, and again, hotplugging works
just fine.  The device is just NOT SEEN at boot time and is NOT
CONNECTED through cold-plugging.

To summarize:  in /etc/hotplug/usb is ezusbmidi and ezusbmidi.usermap.
 In /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap there are no entries listed (tried it
anyway with no effect, so deleted them).  In /usr/share/usb/ezusbmidi
are the two firmware files.  But, again none of this is relevant since
these configurations are required for hotplugging, which works fine.
 Cold-plugging works perfectly for the scanner, but not for the midi
interface.  The MidiSport 2x2 did work before the latest kernel upgrades
to  2.4.20-4.ll.acpismp and the latest Alsa upgrades which really should
have no bearing here because they work fine with a hotplug of this device.

Thanks for any assistance!

Frank