[PlanetCCRMA] more on MidiSport cold-plugging problem

Mon Jun 9 10:16:02 2003

> So, the problem must be with ezusbmidi and cold-plugging.  Again, my
> configuration is as specified on CCRMA, and again, hotplugging works
> just fine.  The device is just NOT SEEN at boot time and is NOT
> CONNECTED through cold-plugging.

I just (finally) tried it with my laptop (running 8.0, I don't have 9
handy at the moment) and it recognized a Midiman Uno when booting from
being off.

> To summarize:  in /etc/hotplug/usb is ezusbmidi and ezusbmidi.usermap.
>  In /etc/hotplug/usb.usermap there are no entries listed (tried it
> anyway with no effect, so deleted them).

Just checking. What version of hotplug do you have? (I have 2002_08_26).
Which version of alsa do you have installed?

> In /usr/share/usb/ezusbmidi
> are the two firmware files.  But, again none of this is relevant since
> these configurations are required for hotplugging, which works fine.
> Cold-plugging works perfectly for the scanner, but not for the midi
> interface.

I presume you are connecting to the same usb port, right?

> The MidiSport 2x2 did work before the latest kernel upgrades
> to  2.4.20-4.ll.acpismp and the latest Alsa upgrades which really should
> have no bearing here because they work fine with a hotplug of this device.

Could you please send the contents of /var/log/messages for a cold boot
where the Midisport is not recognized? I'll try latter under RedHat 9.

-- Fernando