[PlanetCCRMA] Audio Recording and Mixing

Mike Artis martis@visi.net
Wed Jun 11 12:30:02 2003

I am new to audio recording/mixing, but have been using Linux for many
years.  I am very interested in using the Planet CCRMA packages to do
audio recording and mixing for my band, but am unsure how to go about
doing it.

We have 2 electric guitars, an electric bass and drums.  My question is,
how is everyone else out there doing this, if anyone is doing this :).

I was thinking it might be best to go through a mixing board and then
into the input on the sound card, but I have no idea about how much is
too much for the little input on my card.  Also, since a mixing board
will really just mix to one track (I think), it would kind of defeat the
purpose of using something like Audacity/Sweep/Ardour to edit and mix
the tracks.  My main goal would be to have the ability to record 3-4
tracks at once without breaking the bank on an overly expensive sound
card.

Does anyone have any insight in this matter they'd like to share?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

--
Mike Artis <martis@visi.net>