[PlanetCCRMA] help

Sun Jun 22 18:15:02 2003

> I changed my kernel to a custom one for win4lin with low latency.
>
> I can't get alsa to find my sound card.

You have to rebuild the alsa driver kernel modules if the kernel is
different. The alsa rpms provided by Planet CCRMA only supply kernel
modules for the Planet CCRMA kernels.

Is the kernel installed as an rpm? If so you need to get the alsa-driver
source rpm and rebuild it to get an alsa-kernel-xxxx that matches your
kernel (xxxx will be the version of your win4lin enabled kernel rpm).

> I think the problem is as follows:
> I got some rpms from a friend (Kevin Ernst) but alsaconf was an older
> version which when I ran it said it found no pnp pci card or driver.
> I am not sure what I am missing, but certainly alsaconf is a wrong
> version.
> rpm -qa doesn't find any alsaconf maybe I installed it from a tar??

On recent versions of the Planet CCRMA alsa packages alsaconf is
installed as part of the alsa-driver package.

-- Fernando