[PlanetCCRMA] Cinelerra recording

Joe Dell'Orfano fullgo@dellorfano.net
Sun Jun 29 20:18:00 2003

Excuse me if this question is stupid, but...

I am using a delta 1010LT audio card in my system. The m/b has an
onboard via sound chip which I am no longer using. Alsa controls the
1010 nicely. Unfortunately, there is no way to plug the audio output
from my DVD+RW drive to the sound card. I cannot get GRIP to record a CD
from the drive, nor can I hear output when I try to play a standard
music CD (of course).

Therefore, in order to use a CD track on a soundtrack of a Cinelerra
project, I am using an outboard CD player with stereo outputs plugged
into the delta 1010 (channels 5 and 6). Unfortunately, I cannot record
from it using Cinelerra (which uses OSS) despite setting the mixer so
that I can hear channels 5-6 (on outputs 1-2). So, in ourder to record a
CD track, I shut down Cinelerra, started Jack and Ardour, recorded the
track and exported to WAV, then shut down Jack/Ardour so I can run
Cinelerra again and import the WAV. Seems like a lot of steps.

Any suggestions? I would appreciate it greatly!

-Joe D
--
Joe Dell'Orfano <fullgo@dellorfano.net>