[PlanetCCRMA] Re: Laptop problems with PCMCIA

Andre Almeida Andre.Almeida@ircam.fr
Mon Jun 30 03:18:02 2003

I had the same problem although with RedHat 9. However i think what
matters is the kernel version.

I posted a message about this issue last week (monday i think). The
problem is that the compiled modules don't have the right references to
their dependencies. So what you need to do is install the required
modules manually.

Try installing the modules with /sbin/modprobe rather than insmod. This
will tell you what required modules are missing. These will have to be
installed manually for now.

Also I usually have to restart the X server after restarting the
network, otherwise no programs can find the server...

Hope this helps

André

--
Andre Almeida <almeida@ircam.fr>