[PlanetCCRMA] iiwusynth and midi controller

Ryan Gallagher ryanpg@yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 08:33:02 2003

Hey All,

I'm excited to try out iiwusynth (it seems to be the only functioning
software sampler for linux), but I'm unable to get it to make use of my
oxygen 8 controller.

When launched iiwusynth thusly:

iiwusynth -m alsa -M /dev/snd/midiC1D0 -a alsa

I get this message:

iiwusynth: error: Failed to write to the audio device
ALSA lib rawmidi_hw.c:227:(snd_rawmidi_hw_open) open /dev/snd/midiC0D0
failed: No such file or directory
iiwusynth: error: Error opening ALSA raw MIDI port
Failed to create the MIDI thread; no MIDI input
will be available. You can access the synthesizer
through the console.

There is in fact no device /dev/snd/midiC0D0 but there is a
/dev/snd/midiC1D0.  My module.conf file lists my oxygen8 as sound card
1 (my delta 66 is sound card 0).  And switching things around there
causes unpleasent results for the delta.

Anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

Gracias,
ryan

=====
--r--