[PlanetCCRMA] Re: usb audio and midi devices: loading and unloading drivers

raf@interaccess.com raf@interaccess.com
Sun Mar 9 17:38:01 2003

> The problem: in RedHat the usb subsystem is
> activated very early in the boot sequence
> (/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit). Any usb sound or midi card
> that is plugged in while the system boots will
> automatically load the snd-usb-midi alsa kernel
> module (through hotplug).
  [...]

Fernando, wouldn't this also hold true for PCMCIA
which also is in the domain of hotplug? Your
explanation seems a good fit to one of the problems
I have with that VXpocket card. I've posted it to
alsa-users, but if I have some time this week I'd
like to try your new alsasound script (your
attachment, btw, seems to contain some ugly wraps
and artifacts -- things resembling HTML tags, or
escape sequences of some kind. ...or is it just me
and my netescape?).

cheers,
  --bob.