[PlanetCCRMA] Network driver problem - RH 8.0 fails but RH 7.3 works...

Mon Mar 17 20:40:03 2003

> So, if I understand the problem, then there will need to be separate
> kernels and Alsa drivers and all depending on whether you're using RH
> 7.X or RH 8.0? Will this spill over into ALL of the RPMs you supply?
> Will Jack, alsaplayer, etc. all have to be compiled with 3.2.X to not
> have the same sort of problems?

Nope, just the kernel. All other rpms are already being compiled under
the proper distro. The only exception (originally intended to save me
some work, but that was a while ago, before the 8.0 release) is the
kernel and associated kernel modules. I have to rebuild the kernel and
drivers under gcc3.2 for 8 but I also want to (at the same time) update
to a newer kernel and redo the structure of the repository... maybe I
should not be that ambitious.

-- Fernando