[PlanetCCRMA] anaconda error on install boot from cd

oliver thuns smoerk@gmx.de
Tue Mar 25 10:41:02 2003

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>>>I just checked an the first
>>>image appears to work fine, at least I get to the partitioning menu with
>>>no problems. Check the md5 checksum of the downloaded image just in
>>>case.
>>
>>I have the same problem with the unmodified Redhat CD. So it seems to be
>>a bug in the Redhat's Anaconda.
>

> Could very well be. Did you check the image integrity before burning the
> cd? I've heard of something like this before (not experienced it myself)
> and it was related to a bad cd. Anyway, if you remember it could be
> interesting to know what the error said.

this is the error message i get:

Traceback (...):
   File "/usr/bin/anaconda/", line 284, in ?
     from installclass import DefaultInstall
   File "/usr/bin/anaconda/installclass.py", line 27, in ?
     from constants import BETANAG
ImportError: cannot import name BETANAG

It seems to be a bug in Redhat and it only happens with our two
computers that are the same model. The Install CD boots on other
machines in Anaconda without problems.

I decided to wait for the Redhat 9, which is announced for next monday
and see if this will install.