[PlanetCCRMA] alsaplayer does not play / no gui

oliver thuns smoerk@gmx.de
Fri Mar 28 08:27:02 2003

hello,

after i onfigured my pc to boot from the DVD drive instead of the cd-rom
  burner, redhat booted without any anaconda errors. it's my first
redhat install, normally i'm using debian.

alsaconf automatically detected my RME Digi96/8 and pd + jack runs
without xruns in user mode (a gui / taskbar icon for jackd would be very
nice).

only alsaplayer does not play anything. also it does not start display
any gui if started from the 'redhat' menu, but it's running in the
background (there is one alsaplayer process).