[PlanetCCRMA] ecasound dependency problem...

Fri Mar 28 11:19:01 2003

> # apt-get install ecasound
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Collecting File Provides... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.
>
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>    ecasound: Depends: libartsc.so.0 but it is not installable
> E: Sorry, broken packages

Are you using just the Planet CCRMA cdrom? Most probably you did not do
a full install of RedHat and if you are not using the internet or have
the full set of Planet CCRMA cdroms (including the tweaked three RedHat
install cdroms) then apt has no way of knowing about the _original_
RedHat 8.0 packages. You should manually install "arts-1.0.3-1", that is
the package that solves that particular dependency... You can do that
with the RedHat tool, go to the main menu -> System Settings -> Packages
and select arts (it is inside "kde"... I guess you did not install kde
then...).

-- Fernando