[PlanetCCRMA] ecasound dependency problem...

Guy Clotilde guy.clotilde@wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 29 01:26:02 2003

Hi all

I'm a new redhat/planet ccrma user .Previously my laptop was running mandrake, but I wasn't able to have a good jack install so I switched. First thanks to everyone contributing to planet ccrma packages. It's running fine. But just to report, I found two little problems:
Fernando Pablo said:
> > Are you using just the Planet CCRMA cdrom? Most probably you did not do a full install

I 've been hurt by this one too, and had to do a second install. I was caught in a lib devel-lib dependency hell and because I wanted my distro to be clean I prefered a fresh full install. Maybe the tutorial on planet ccrma should hilight the fact that it's easy with a complete redhat install.

Second and more ennoying is the fact that I like a lot icewm for the speed and flexibility. There is an icewm theme that mimics very closely redhat bluecurve ( http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/truecurve/?topic_id=925 ) . So it would be interesting to have this really nice, fast and responsive window manager . I did manage to install it manually anyway.
The real problem with redhat 8.0 is that just after a resume, no window manager (neither wmaker, icewm not metacity) can handle windows draging . Seleting characters in a text with the mouse doesn't work eithern nor windows switching until X is restarted.
It's just weird. Has someone else seen this behaviour? Is it Xfree related? Is there a workaround?

Anyway Planet CCRMA is a great thing! Thanks a lot Fernando Pablo.

cheers
Guy CLO~
--
#ICQ 37736372