[PlanetCCRMA] More dumbness from Aaron about planet kernel/alsa

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Wed Oct 1 11:24:00 2003

> > One aside.  You should check that the soft links in /boot are OK.  This
> > doesn't matter that much since grub.conf usually points to things in
> > /boot directly, but this is the one area where I have seen little
> > issues when messing with kernel rpm's.
>
> I only vaguely understand this - how do I do it?

Just make sure that the names of files in /boot/grub/grub.conf are pointing
at real files in /boot and not at the links that are in /boot. Generally
they are, but once I had a problem like this too.

- Mark