[PlanetCCRMA] More ALSA driver building, HDSP9652 patch

Aaron Trumm aaron@nquit.com
Fri Oct 3 11:09:00 2003

>    Thomas's patch needs to be used with Alsa 0.9.6. Are you using the
right
> Alsa stuff?

yep.

>    I don't think you need to rebuild his kernel, and I don't think you
need
> to rebuild Alsa. I think you just need to patch and rebuild just the
> alsa-driver package.

well, I'm a bit stuck now because current iteration is exactly this.  I
removed my home built crap, and installed exactly via the planet flow, and
then attempted to rebuild alsa driver and that's it.  I'm not 100% I'm
applying the patch right, but I think so.

I gave the patch to fernando, cuz he said he'd try making a .src.rpm  -
hmmm - guess I might be waiting to see what he says.  i'll probably do some
reading in the meantime, see what I dig up.

the education part of this is going well, at least ;)