[PlanetCCRMA] More ALSA driver building, HDSP9652 patch

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Fri Oct 3 11:04:00 2003

> put hdsp9652.patch in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
> added the line:     Patch7:       hdsp9652.patch
> right after the line:   Patch6:       alsa-driver-0.9.4-alsasound.patch

Aaron,
   Thomas's patch needs to be used with Alsa 0.9.6. Are you using the right
Alsa stuff?

   I'm actually no good when it comes to building rpms or any of the rest of
this, but it has always been my assumption that the ONLY think needed to
make the HDSP 9652 work with WHATEVER Alsa Fernando is supplying (Because he
is always very close to the leading edge of what's available) is JUST a
correct Alsa driver for the HDSP 9652.

   I don't think you need to rebuild his kernel, and I don't think you need
to rebuild Alsa. I think you just need to patch and rebuild just the
alsa-driver package.

   But, I'm not a programmer and am wrong 90% of the time anyway. ;-)

Good luck,
Mark