[PlanetCCRMA] Re: xruns

Jonathan Segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Fri Oct 3 11:24:06 2003

>On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Jonathan Segel wrote:
>
>>  can't see how to change it. it seems to reside on IRQ 5 alongside the usb
>  > ports. i cannot physically move the sound card, it's built in. it has

>Yudhi Kusnanto responds:
>what is your MB?. if you have MB manual, look for description about IRQ
>Mapping. btw, you can't separate sound IRQ from USB if both are on-board
>but you can change the irq if you know which PCI slot that has same IRQ
>assignment. change on this PCI slot will also change the onboard chip.

this is a VIA P4 PB 400-L, it has a strangely arranged built in sound
thingy that has three mini-plug ports, which apparently change from
being line-out, line-in and mic-in to being front l-r, rear l-r and
center-sub if it detects 6 channel operation.
the VIA bios setup has several menus but it seems like some control i
really have over irq settings is whether or not irq activity is
enabled or disabled on the various channels.
theer is one menu that i can shange whether or not each irq channel
is assigned to [PCI DEVICE] or reserved. i tried reserving 10 and
then putting an option line in modules.conf for the snd-via82xx
options snd-card-0 irq=10, but it didn't seem to move it..

cat /proc/interrupts shows that my sound card (VIA8233) exists on irq
5  with (one of three)  usb-uhci, eth0   (!)

hmmm.

>Yudhi Kusnanto            |- +62 811 292 184
>STMIK Akakom Yogyakarta   |- +62 274 488 438
>Indonesia

how's jogja? haven't been for a while. wish i was there....

Jonathan Segel  -- MAGNETIC -- PO Box 460816 S.F. CA. 94146-0816
               4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
   jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite@yahoo.com
                http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com
    tel (510) 534 7825  cell (510) 484 7415  fax (425) 955 4495