[PlanetCCRMA] RE: Some apps not working correctly under ALSA? (Michael)

Phil Britton phil@wild-north.org
Fri Oct 3 22:15:02 2003

Mike,

with regards to no sound when playing midi files. I assume that your
SoundBlaster works something like an SBLive or AWE64. In that case in order
to play midi files you need to load a sound fount (preferably a GM one)
using the "sfxload" command to load it e.g:

sfxload soundfontfile.sf2

sfxload is part of the awefx package (I think)

You should have received some soundfonts probably on a CD with your
soundcard. If not a quick google will find you plenty of public domain and
free soundfonts that you can download and try out,

cheers

Phil