[PlanetCCRMA] should I have a new kernel?

Mon Oct 6 09:05:02 2003

> > First, check that you have an up to date /etc/apt/sources.list file.
> > After that do an "apt-get update" and then "apt-get install
> > planetccrma-core". That should bring in the latest kernel and alsa.
> >
> > -- Fernando
>
> Thank you. I will try it when I get home.
> And apt-get dist-upgrade what is supposed to do?

If you have planetccrma-core already installed a dist-upgrade will get
the latest kernel and alsa. If you don't have it (but have alsa and one
of the previous kernels) then dist-upgrade is not so predictable, it
will choose a kernel that satisfies the dependencies but not necessarily
the one you want.

-- Fernando