[PlanetCCRMA] building kernel packages from SPEC but with custom .config?

Tue Oct 7 12:50:01 2003

> <snip>
>
> > I think I read somewhere on CCRMA that I can copy the
> > .config back to the rpmbuild tree and have my custom
> > config applied to the .rpm build...Yes?
>
> </snip>
>
> This is what I need to do also.  Basically a few modules fail to build
> under Fedora (one's I don't need); i2c-ali1535 qla2200 lm87, so I need
> to remove them from the config file or otherwise prevent them from
> being built.  I've created a custom config in the
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.4.22/linux-2.4.22 directory but it seems
> to have no effect and I don't know what to replace it with (or what
> config file I should edit to remove those modules).  Seems that
> rpmbuild is compiling a i386 kernel so should I replace the
> kernel-2.4.22-i386.config with my custom one?

in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES? Yes, that is the file to replace if you are
building for i386. Most probably you will also want to replace a
properly patched file for i686 and use "--target i686" to build a i686
kernel (or athlon or whatever). You will also need to build for i386 as
that is the build that creates the kernel-source i386.rpm...

-- Fernando