[PlanetCCRMA] building kernel packages from SPEC but with custom .config?

Ryan G. ryanpg@yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 12:39:01 2003

> From: James van Zeeland <james@dvzproperty.com>
> To: Planet CCRMA <planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
> Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 01:24:10 +1000
> Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] Kernels and more kernels...

<snip>

> I think I read somewhere on CCRMA that I can copy the
> .config back to the rpmbuild tree and have my custom
> config applied to the .rpm build...Yes?

</snip>

This is what I need to do also.  Basically a few modules fail to build
under Fedora (one's I don't need); i2c-ali1535 qla2200 lm87, so I need
to remove them from the config file or otherwise prevent them from
being built.  I've created a custom config in the
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.4.22/linux-2.4.22 directory but it seems
to have no effect and I don't know what to replace it with (or what
config file I should edit to remove those modules).  Seems that
rpmbuild is compiling a i386 kernel so should I replace the
kernel-2.4.22-i386.config with my custom one?

-ry

=====
--r--