[PlanetCCRMA] Echo Mia - Alsa Drivers

Aaron Trumm aaron@nquit.com
Wed Oct 8 10:50:02 2003

> I'm out of my league at this point, but I thought I could do something
like...
> Take CCRMA's Alsa-driver source rpms, open them up, patch them with the
> EchoaudioPatch_0.9.6.patch(from linked web site), then rebuild the RPM?
Then
> rpm -e --nodeps the original or possibly just rpm -Uvh over the top.

sounds about right to me

that's pretty much exactly what I just did.  I'm using all planet flow and
there was a driver for my card, but it needed a patch to work, and I did
exactly what you just said.  - there was a bit of hulabaloo around the other
version of the driver, but eventually with fernando and mark's help I got it
working.

just get the source rpm, install it, get the .spec file, add the patch
(sounds like you know how to do that - right?), rebuild

the only thing I can think of is you need to make sure your rebuild is for
the right architechture - I had some trouble with that - check out
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/recompilealsa.html  for
more on doing this stuff  - except that there's an instruction in there
about how to check the architecture flag in the kernel rpm and I never could
get it to work - fernando gave me another version of the command and THAT
didn't work either, and finally, fernando told me to do

rpm -q --provides <kernel_name>

I hope that's the right syntax...

that'll give you an output that'll reveal the architecture and you can
rpmbuild -ba --target <arch_name>  <rpm_name>

I think if all goes well that's all you need to do.  I'm sure fernando and
mark will chime in if I'm forgetting something (geeze it's only been a
couple days *laugh*) - and of course let us know how it goes :)