[PlanetCCRMA] rpm hang

Eli Cantu eli@then7.com
Thu Oct 9 22:14:01 2003

Quoting Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>:

> Anyone ever seen rpm commands just hang?  Doesn't matter what it's doing,
> could even be "rpm -q -a"  The command just hangs, I can't ^C out of it
> but have to do a kill -9 from another shell.
>
> This is stock RH9, upgrading a 7.1 install.  Yeah, I know, a big jump,
> but it wasn't my call to make, I just have to fix it.  Aye yi yi...

I've had a stock RH9 do it to me on occasion.  I think the original rpm with RH9
might have a bug or two. Updating the system via 'apt-get dist-upgrade', or
downloading the updated rpm from a mirror seemed to cure reoccurences.

I'd never lay one version of redhat on top of another...that's asking for
trouble with a big T.

good luck.