[PlanetCCRMA] hsdp again redux

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Mon Oct 20 07:34:02 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 06:45, derek@x-i.net wrote:
<SNIP>

> but i cannot get the card to make sound. if i load alsaplayer or xmms, the whole
> system freezes.

This system sounds like such a pain! Very sorry.

I don't know the numbering for channels on this box, but with my HDSP
9652 I have to either run hdspmixer (Rev. 1.3) or I have to do some
configuration by hand:

amixer cset numid=5 8,0,32000
amixer cset numid=5 9,1,32000

This takes input 8, routes it to output 0 and sets the volume at about
50%.

I do not think the above commands will work perfectly for you, but maybe
they will give you a clue.

> [note that i am almost positive that no firmware has been loaded
> to the card before i use hdsploader! to make sure, i disconnect the card form
> power between reboots...] if i try to load pd, i get the following:

Don't run Jack applications until you can get sound from standard Alsa
apps like alsaplayer first.

Good luck,
Mark